Summer is just around the corner and I have busted out all of my summer beauty gear. I’ve also added new products to my collection and they’ve withstood my grueling elimination process.
- Wet n’ Wild Fergie Shimmer Palette in Rose Golden Goddess: This highlighter gives the absolute most beautiful glow. I’ve never thought of using a highlighter with hints of pink to it but the rose colour is so subtle (the gold is much more noticeable once applied to the skin). I also like that it’s not an obvious shimmer so you don’t look like a disco ball.
- MAC Impassioned Lipstick: This is one of my go-to summer lipsticks. It’s a bold pink colour that screams Popsicle. It’s an amplified crème so it’s very hydrating and has a bit of shine.
- Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo: The world would not be the same without dry shampoo. My hair is not overly oily but during the spring/summer months my oil production seems to go up a notch. The Dove dry shampoo does not leave any sticky residue; it’s very absorbent and lightweight. It smell good – a very nice fresh scent.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is my “holy grail” foundation. It keeps my face completely matte even on the most humid days. For those who prefer a light coverage, this foundation may not be ideal as it offers a medium to full coverage. You could always mix it with a moisturizer and wear it as a tinted moisturizer. It’s very long-lasting and dries to a powdery matte finish.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater: They should rename this product to Instant Hydration. I often use this spray before applying foundation for a bit of slip and then a few more sprays once I’ve finished my makeup. You can also use it as a toner before your moisturizer or throughout the day if your skin feels parched.
Have you tested any of these products or anything similar?