I picked up two of my faves from Sephora recently, Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Coco and Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Topaz.
My Go-To Fragrance
I love everything about beauty, but fragrance is one beauty item I do not collect. I prefer sticking to one or two scents and use them continuously. I have yet to find the one when it comes to perfumes. I love vanilla, but I also do not want to smell like a 12 year old tween, that’s why I find Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique so perfect. It’s subtle, yet sexy and is not overwhelmingly sweet.
To Glow or Not to Glow
Glow is a must in my everyday life! Everyday is the perfect occasion to be seen from the moon. I first learned about the Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Topaz from Patrick Ta. He had used it during a workshop I had attended a couple of years ago. It’s absolutely beautiful with a subtle glow and not too many shimmering particles.
Share below some of your favourite fragrances and liquid illuminators!
It’s that time of year again, where your hair tells you that you are not her boss and it will frizz as much as it wants to. I am not naturally skilled at doing hair, styling my hair in general is a struggle and the humidity in the summer only amplifies this. I’ve been using It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin for years now, I had first heard about it in interview where Gabrielle Union sang its praises. Now my hair is going through a bit of a blah stage and I thought why not switch up my products for a while. I didn’t want a product totally opposite of It’s a 10 since I enjoy the anti-frizz benefits and how it has helped strengthen my hair. I buy the It’s a 10 from Trade Secrets. While in the store, I asked an associate if they had a similar product that she would recommend . So, let me introduce you to Revlon Professional’s Uniq One Treatment.
Both products provide similar benefits:
Benefits of It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin (find full details on their website)
- Protects against heat
- Restores hydration balance
- Defrizzes and adds shine
- Strengthens hair structure and
- Seals cuticles for extra silky hair
Benefits of Revlon Professional Uniq One Treatment (find full details on their website)
- Repair for dry and damaged hair
- Easier brushing and ironing
- Shine and frizz control
- Incredible Detangling
- Heat Protection
- Long-Lasting hairstyle
- Silkiness and smoothness
- Split Ends prevention
- Hair colour protection/UVA and UVB Filters
- Adds Body
The Revlon treatment is quite thick and viscous, you have to shake it out before spraying it in your hair. It’s definitely more hydrating then It’s a 10; I feel that the It’s a 10 gives me more of an airy, wispy look while Revlon holds a style better; it controls my hair since the oils in the product weighs it down a bit. I would not recommend this product for anyone with thin hair, it would make it too greasy. It’s perfect for women with thick, curly or coarse hair. It’s a keeper and I definitely think I will enjoy using it even more in the winter.
What products do you use to control frizz in the summer? Share below!
I am soooo excited to share with you some of my favourite body products, all from Victoria’s Secret (no this is not a sponsored post, I really love their products that much). A friend of mine brought me to Victoria’s Secret one day and told me I had to try out everything. She binges on Victoria’s Secret so it was only right as her friend that I join her, now I understand why she does. Continue reading to find out what Victoria’s Secret body products I use.
I like to layer products and especially layer similar or complementary scents, I feel that the scent lasts longer throughout the day. I’m also really big about hydration so if you feel that there are two many moisturizing layer, take out whatever does not work for you.
- First up, the Shea Ultrarich Cream Wash. This smells so yummy, I spend way too much time in the shower (don’t judge me water-saving people) due to the scent. It’s very creamy as stated in its name and doesn’t strip my skin of moisture. Is it as hydrating as my Dove Body Washes no, but it’s pretty up to par and the scent is the added bonus.
- Right after the body wash, I apply the Açai Weightless Body Oil while my skin is still damp. It’s a dry finish oil so you will not feel greasy and for those of you who do not need intense moisture, you can stop here.
- I always spray the Sheer Love Fragrance Mist after the Body Oil since I had heard once that you should apply Vaseline to areas where you spray your perfume to make it stick. So, with the same principle, I apply my body spray onto skin that has oil on it, it’s not Vaseline, but it’s close enough.
- Now for those of us who are just extra in everything that we do, you can follow up with the Açai Hydrating Body Lotion which is what I always do. The Açai scent is my favourite from the collection, it’s very light, fresh and girly and blends well with the Sheer Love Spray. This lotion is very lightweight, it absorbs quickly and does not leave behind any residue (neither does the oil).
- This is the heavy-hitter, the Shea Supersoft Body Butter. I never apply this during the day, I find it too heavy, but it’s perfect at night. With the heater on blast, this helps make sure I don’t wake up with parched skin. It’s very creamy, I just wish they had this in the scent of Açai or Sheer Love.
- As mentioned above, I stock up on Victoria’s Secret body products whenever possible and with good reason, the Exfoliating Polish is nowhere to be found. I’m going to guess that it was a limited edition product. I love it because it’s gritty enough to ensure exfoliating action, but the oil in the product helps maintain your moisture. If it does ever come back, buy at least ten and you should be good!
What are your favourite Victoria’s Secret products and scents? Share below!
When I was working as a cosmetician, I was often asked by clients what was the secret to beautiful skin. Of course, there are the myriad of products as well as the basics; cleansing your skin day and night, moisturizing, sun protection and finding products that are suitable for your skin type and skin needs. But the biggest “secret” of all is sticking to your regimen day and night – sounds to simple to be true? When clients would come back to the store to return products, their number one complaint was that they were not working. I would ask if they had been following the regimen daily and some clients would hesitate before telling me that it was more like every other day. And for those who had been using the products religiously, I would ask how long it’s been, most likely than not it was just a couple of days. Of course, you should stop using products that are irritating or if you’re suffering from an allergic reaction, but you should give new products at least three weeks to work. This does not mean that you will see results until the three week mark, but in order to determine what a product can do for your skin, it needs time to work. You must be diligent and stick to your new regimen for a while. You should also avoid trying five new products at the same time, slowly start introducing products into your regimen one at a time. You can keep a diary of how your skin is reacting to the product (this is especially good for those suffering from more severe skin issues (or have reactive skin) as it allows you to track your progress and eliminate products that are doing zilch).
Not everything is a quick fix, remember that!
Thought I’d share a product I’ve newly introduced into my skin care regimen. I first heard about this from Gabrielle Union, she shared in an Elle magazine interview that her glow is partly due to using 100% Pure Camellia Oil. And have you seen her skin?! If it’s good enough for Gabrielle, it’s good enough for me. Upon researching, the brand Silkia had pretty good reviews.
I’ve been using it for about a month now and so far so good. Paired with my humidifier, I’ve been able to manage my dehydrated skin and I’ve started getting back my glow (in my head, I glow like J. Lo).
The oil is not too thick, there’s no unpleasant smell or really any smell. I apply it after my evening moisturizer, a couple of drops in my hand, then I pat it onto my face before massaging in circular motions. My skin feels more plump and I haven’t broken out, been excessively oily, it has mainly been an added moisturizing component to my facial routine. For now, it’s a keeper, but I do want to continue trying out a few more oils before I can stamp this as holy grail.
Have you tried Camellia Oil? Any oils you’ve loved and would recommend? Comment below!
I’ve previously shared some of my fave full strip lashes on the blog, I thought I’d share a couple of my favourite half lashes. These are the ones I wear on a daily basis or when I’m not looking for full on glam.
These are the Ardell Accent 318 half lashes. I love how fluffy they are and they can be re-used often.
The other pair I love are the Red Cherry Eyelashes in Demi Wispy Accent. They’re not as full, but they’re light and are perfect for everyday. Especially when I’m trying to avoid the “why do you wear eyelashes every day” comments.
What are your favourite every day lashes? Let me know below!