I’m so excited that dark lip colours are an unexpected spring trend. In the spring, the usual palette is bright and bold neon or pastel hues. I had purchased a few MAC lip colours a while back that remained unboxed, so after going through my makeup drawer, I felt that these colours would be perfect for this spring’s dark lip trend.
Here are some swatches (from the top to the bottom):
- Captive: It’s a satin lipstick by MAC. It’s a deep fuchsia and the added sheen makes you look very polished. It looks beautiful paired with a brown smokey eye or neutral eye makeup look.
- Verve: This is also a satin lipstick. I’ve always hesitated buying this colour. It was something different than any of the others I have. It’s perfect in the fall and will now pair well with bold eyeshadow looks in the spring.
- Smoked Purple: This is my absolute favourite of the bunch! It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but for those who like a bit of fierce in their life. It’s a matte deep purple.
- Antique Velvet: This is also another favourite, it’s also a matte. Brown coloured lipsticks have been all the rave lately and this one looks great on medium to deep complexions.
- Whirl: When Kylie Jenner made the Whirl lip liner so popular, it was only a matter of time that the Whirl lipstick would be everywhere too. I love this as an everyday lipstick. I prefer wearing mattes on a day to day, while creamier or satin finishes, I prefer to wear at night.