I wanted to share with you all my go-to MAC lashes. They’re the #35 lashes, they are very wispy and super dramatic. These are not for the faint of heart, but they’re really beautifully and look great in photos.
Let me know below your favourite lashes!
I’m so excited that dark lip colours are an unexpected spring trend. In the spring, the usual palette is bright and bold neon or pastel hues. I had purchased a few MAC lip colours a while back that remained unboxed, so after going through my makeup drawer, I felt that these colours would be perfect for this spring’s dark lip trend.
Here are some swatches (from the top to the bottom):
- Captive: It’s a satin lipstick by MAC. It’s a deep fuchsia and the added sheen makes you look very polished. It looks beautiful paired with a brown smokey eye or neutral eye makeup look.
- Verve: This is also a satin lipstick. I’ve always hesitated buying this colour. It was something different than any of the others I have. It’s perfect in the fall and will now pair well with bold eyeshadow looks in the spring.
- Smoked Purple: This is my absolute favourite of the bunch! It’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but for those who like a bit of fierce in their life. It’s a matte deep purple.
- Antique Velvet: This is also another favourite, it’s also a matte. Brown coloured lipsticks have been all the rave lately and this one looks great on medium to deep complexions.
- Whirl: When Kylie Jenner made the Whirl lip liner so popular, it was only a matter of time that the Whirl lipstick would be everywhere too. I love this as an everyday lipstick. I prefer wearing mattes on a day to day, while creamier or satin finishes, I prefer to wear at night.
I opened my front door this morning to head to work, only to be greeted with knee high snow. All I could think was “Thank God I went out this weekend” because hibernation season is in full effect. I went out (twice) this weekend which is basically a milestone as I’m a homebody. These were my two outfits:
Style: The dress is from Dynamite. The pointy heels are from Aldo Shoes. The earrings are from Forever 21.
Glam: I’m wearing Diva lipstick by MAC.
Mane: A half top knot inspired by Jennifer Lopez.
It’s super obvious that this weekend I had a formula and followed it through; top-knot and short dresses.
Style: The olive coloured dress is from Forever 21. The leather jacket is from Dynamite. The booties are from Forever 21. The earrings are from Forever 21 and so are the bangles.
Glam: I’m wearing a random nude liquid lipstick I bought from Ebay.
Mane: True story: I slept with my hair in the half ponytail so I could place it in the exact same spot the next day. It took me too long to do it the first time around #thestrugglewasreal.
Blushes aren’t my thing, they just aren’t. I can appreciate a pretty blush colour, but when it comes to applying blush on my face, it’s basically a non-existent routine. So in order for me to apply a hell of a lot of blush colour, the blush needs to be absolutely beautiful. I’ve had these two MAC Mineralize Blushes for some time now, but when I was (once again) organizing my makeup stash, there these beauties were.
I only have two of MAC’s Mineralize Blushes: Love Joy (left) and Love Thing (right). They’re mineralized so there’s a bit of shimmer, but it’s not glittery. I find that mineralize blushes glide on the skin better due to their texture and they deposit colour so well.
The MAC blushes in general are long-lasting and the mineralize blushes are just as long wearing. The pigment is what got me (look at the swatches below). You need to dab your brush in lightly and tap off the excess because a little goes a long way.
MAC Mineralize Blushes L to R: Love Joy & Love Thing
Do you have any of the MAC Mineralize Blushes? Are there other MAC blush colours you’d recommend?
Outfit: The body hugghing grey turtleneck dress is from Sirens Fashion
Shoes: A pointy nude heel from Sirens Fashion is a must when looking to achieve a classic look.
Accessories: Silver hoop earrings are from Aldo Accessories and the silver bracelets are from Forever 21.
Hairstyle: This look necessitated a high ponytail. I wanted to have my hair up to ensure that the collar was visible.
Face Details: I wore a dark pink shadow in the crease which I complemented with MAC Soar lip liner.